Monday, 26 October 2015

2 Tutor Crit

Preparing for the 2-tutor critique was a little daunting. I prepared two boards for the Bradford Textiles brief which were different in style (see below). I felt quite limited with scale throughout these initial four weeks, as I was focussed on producing a sample board for submission. In future, I need to think more carefully about the scale of my sampling and 'go for it' for the next project. I'm excited to try something that I haven't done in the past and see what the results will look like.


From the crit, I plan to continue with this project for my self-initiated brief, but focus more on the scale of my samples by using screen print techniques onto large scale fabrics. This will enable me to widen my creative knowledge and would also demonstrate a more 'bespoke' feel - the original idea behind the large scale sampling. To reflect the scale I want to achieve, I created A2 drawings using collaging techniques to be translated into screens. I will leave the idea of a large scale banner to a live brief, and concentrate on fabric samples for an interior context. 


The two collages above were most successful as they depict my concept more closely. I also think the placement of the detailed pen drawing is better considered than some of my other drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment