Friday, 11 March 2016

Large Scale Sampling


After printing with the pigments I mixed myself with the pigment binder, it was apparent that they weren't as strong as I had hoped. I added Opaque White to the colours, but this made them have a pastel tone. In future, when printing on similar fabrics, I will work with colours that I can make strong, such as black, orange and white on the blue linen, white on black polyester and black and white on orange polyester as the other colours appear washed out and cannot be made any stronger. To achieve a stronger colour, I would have to work on a white background fabric, or alternatively onto a natural fabric where the acid and reactive dyes can be used.

After having a tutorial with Hannah Leighton Boyce, she thought my drawings could be developed more. She suggested enlarging areas of my aerial photographs to develop into drawings that could be further abstracted as well as sampling on a smaller scale to test different techniques.

I plan to develop new screens for printing with after the Easter period from new drawings of enlarged aerial sections (see below).



No comments:

Post a Comment