After using flock, foil, digital embroidery (rayon thread) with
screen print, I wanted to further experiment with textural features on my
samples. I’ve used burmilana thread to give a softer, matte appearance next to
the rayon and compliment the flock.
Burmilana thread is thicker than rayon and has a wool-like
appearance which meant altering the settings on the machine.
The appearance of the samples now is enhanced with the combination
of textures and compositions and they are more appropriate for an interiors
context. They were flat and not tactile prior to this, which the flock and
burmilana add. The choice of colour is more sensitive and thought out. The
transparency of the block shapes is also contemporary and exciting to look at
and is an effect I have wanted to achieve from the beginning. I’m finally
excited about my work and looking forward to developing it further.
No comments:
Post a Comment