Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Starting Level 6

Over the summer period, I felt apprehensive about how I would cope with the pressures of my final year on the Textiles in Practice course. However, I didn’t feel that an idea I had in the last Unit X project had been developed to its full potential. This included using geometric compositions from the entrance of a Bruntwood building to redesign the reception area.


57 Spring Gardens entrance - triangular peak - Geometric.

My initial drawings were developed from Pinterest research with current interior design trends in mind. I visited store websites such as John Lewis and Next – where my work would sit within industry. During the previous Unit X project, my group saw a trend in businesses using an 'accent' colour within their spaces, which I plan to use. I have also recycled Photoshop designs into drawings for the first project (below).


After receiving the Bradford Textiles brief, I felt it would allow me to experiment with scale, and during my first tutorial it became clear how I could develop my visual research into something appropriate to the brief. I came away from last weeks' tutorial and looked at CUSTHOM, a company that specialise in embroidered wallpapers.


This is the kind of scale I want to try out through the initial four weeks as I feel it will push me out of my comfort zone – I hope to combine wide format paper prints with embroidery.

No comments:

Post a Comment